Formatting being removed

Jul 13, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Hi Alessandro,

Great job so far. I've really been playing around and testing this editor and liking it. In a recent test I came across this situaton where if i insert the text below, the text contained below the 'second sub item' get lost. It's funny that after i enter it as html view and then click design its comes back find but once I click back html view it loses the information below second sub. Could u advise why? Should there a way to turn off the erroneous html? I suspect some translation issues is occurring.

<ul class="liststyle"><li>first item subject<ul><li>first sub item</li><li>second sub item</li><ul></li><li>second item.</li><li>third item</li><li>fourth item.</li><li>fifth item<ul><li>1st sub item for fifth</li><li>2nd sub item for fifth</li></ul></li><li>sixth item.</li><li>seventh item.</li><li>eight item</li></ul>

UNQUOTE 

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Hello, this is a nasty bug. I'll fix it and upload a new changeset soon. Hopefully today itself.

I'll keep you posted on this thread.

Thanks for reporting,

Alessandro

Jul 14, 2011 at 8:29 PM

OK great. Look forward to it. 

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Edited Jul 15, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Ok, it's fixed now. You may download changeset #67934 which has a fix for this bug. You only need to replace the current dll you use with the one you will find in this changeset.

Now if you introduce malformed html as the piece of markup in your post, it will get sanitized and dutifully corrected. I have also updated the online demo to use the lastest corrected version.

You may test online at : 

http://demo.typps.com/Editor/default.aspx

Many thanks again for the detailed report. 

Best regards,

Alessandro