Editor Vertical scroll bar

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hi Team,

I have download and integrated your dll in my project All are working fine but i am not getting vertical scrollbar if the text inside the editor is long.

And I am not available to view the full content inside the editor.

Please reply at the earliest

Thanks

Ravikumar M P

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Hello, i'm unable to reproduce this. I'm going to have to ask you to try providing the steps you have taken to see this scroll-less behavior you describe in such a way that I can reproduce it on my end.

On hindsight, if you look at the online demo :

http://demo.typps.com/Editor/default.aspx 

horizontal and vertical scrolling works as it should. If you can repo it in the online demo above, that's even better. Also provide your enviornment specifics eg: browser in use and version number.

Thanks for reporting.

Best regards,

Alessandro

Jul 14, 2011 at 7:30 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I have inbuilt css which is restricting the scrollbar. I have rectified it. Thanks.

And one more  question.

Is it possible to add .net control inside that editor toolbar. And is it possible to get the text using javascript.

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2011 at 1:36 PM

You cant embedd a control inside the toolbar. What you must do is create a custom toolbar item and launch your own custom functionality. 

You may reference this tutorial for a basic use case : 

http://docs.typps.com/2011/03/creating-custom-toolbaritem.html

as for retrieving the content in the editor in javascript, first you need to get a reference to the clientside control instance using the $find() method . eg:

var editor1 = $find('the_clientside_id_of_the_control');
var htmlText = editor1.get_htmlText();
alert(htmlText);

Thanks for reporting back,

Alessandro

Jul 26, 2011 at 6:39 AM

Thanks for the info.

It works great.

I have another scenario is I want to insert some text inside the editor on cursor position. Is it possible to get the cursor position and insert the selected text.

Thanks

Ravikumar M P