The "B" bug !

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:07 AM
Edited Feb 28, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Hello Alessandro, congratz on the great work that you are doing!
I'm experimenting on Typps, and everything works perfect except for 2 bugs I  have encountered.
 

1)The "B" bug:

The toolbar renders itself with "B" all over the place! Look!

B-bug

The code renders like this: 

<a href="javascript:void(0);" style="text-decoration: none; margin-left: 10px; " class="Editor editor-toolbarbutton" title="Format block">Β&nbsp;</a>

Any idea how to stop this?

 

and 

2)Uploading images.

When I try to upload an image, I choose one, press the upload button, tha updatepanel does its work and closes. The image never uploads. Note: the upload folder has open security (read-write).

Any tip about that?

 

Thank you in advance, Stefanos

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Hello Stefanos,

Regarding your first issue, I see your screenshot and I believe this has been fixed in one of the recent versions, so either download the currently latest stable release or one of the last source code commits

For your second issue with the images, you'll have to handle the uploaded image serverside. The editor will practically upload the image ( silently in the background, no page postbacks), however on the server you have to subscribe to the appropriate event handlers and grab the image and store it where ever you want, in this case the handler you want to subscribe to will be OnImageUploaded. You may refer to this brief document : http://docs.typps.com/2010/08/image-picker.html#onimageuploaded where some of this is highlighted. Let me know if I have misunderstood, in that case post some of the code you use serverside to handle the image. While the sample is based on the imagepicker, little to nothing changes because the image picker is integrated with the editor eg:

<t:Editor ID="Editor1" ... runat="server">
        <EmbeddedImagePicker ID="ImagePicker1"
            runat="server"
            ..
            OnImageUploaded="ImagePicker1_ImageUploaded">
        </EmbeddedImagePicker>
    </t:Editor>

Thank you for reporting,

Alessandro

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Thank you for the extra-fast reply!

About the first bug, I have the latest stable release. I re-downloaded it overwrite the files, didn't fix it. The I downloaded the source code commits, but again did not fix the problem.

Must I do something else? (Note: I did overwrite only the "bin" folder files)

 

The uploading works fine now, I didn't notice there was code needed :D Thanx alot!

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:00 AM

This bug is driving me crazy!

I have created a new website in my local IIS so I can compare it with my first website that I embedded the editor.

a) Both these websites have the same web.config file

b) The webforms on both websites that contain the editor is absolutelly identical (html and code alike)

c) the bin file is a copy from the first website (version 2.9b)

 

The new website renders the editor correct without the "B" characters, but the first one still gives me "B" as the screenshot above! Any ideas?

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Yup, I think it's local to your solution and the kind of encoding you use. I was unable to reproduce the problem but at this point it doesn't really matter. The extra space you see which is rendering B is due to unicode space we insert which your encoding does not read correctly. The space is un-necessary so we are removing it and hopefully this will fix the problem for you and anybody in your situation.

I'm going to upload a new changeset, I'll let you know when it's up.

Alessandro

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Thank you very much!

Your work is awesome and very organised. I salute you again

In gratitude, Stefanos

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM

You where right.

I've changed the ASP.NET global encoding to utf-8 and worked just fine! No more "B"z!

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM

np. A new changeset is up : http://typps.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/62030

after you download, you will find the updated compiled dlls in : yourdriveletter:\Typps.Web\Typps\bin folder 

Let me know if you still have problems in this version.

Best regards,

Alessandro

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 10:39 AM

ahh ok, if you are able to use UTF-8 then I guess your good to go :)

Thanks for reporting back.

Alessandro

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I will report about how it functions with other encodings,

thank you again,

Stefanos

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Tested twice and varyfied! It is working with all encodings. Great job Alessandro

Well done once more!

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Stefanos, many thanks for taking the time to test and reporting back.

Have a good day,

Alessandro