Typps 2.6 does not run with AjaxControlToolkit for .Net 4.0

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I wanted to add the Typps-Editor to my .Net 4.0 Website, but i got several errors. I tried the Typps editor with a new .Net  4.0 Project and everything was fine. So i added step by step all the assemblies from my further project. And so the Typps editor shows the following Error (only in IE 8.0 - Chrom 7.0 and Firefox 3.6.12 runs) when i want to insert an image:

[Sorry, it's a german IE]

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite
Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)Zeitstempel: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:27:06 UTC

Meldung: 'nextSibling' ist Null oder kein ObjektZeile: 1Zeichen: 15636Code: 0URI: http://g-webtest.dav.intern/intra/WebResource.axd?d=Mt_hBkWCoolYIkx-cubx_NMFHmmBPc-iG3ugPs4rJa443XBypTs3KjC8XcsBZXzJE-XVMF1zsGEHxEaWmu5GgoTjvyEAYPKXzcY4qlM0Gn2k9Plr69aSgzq4qBUW3FdpR9eYy392OhQLPCMM7V-GPg2&t=634245510016420986

Meldung: 'nextSibling' ist Null oder kein ObjektZeile: 1Zeichen: 15636Code: 0URI: http://g-webtest.dav.intern/intra/WebResource.axd?d=Mt_hBkWCoolYIkx-cubx_NMFHmmBPc-iG3ugPs4rJa443XBypTs3KjC8XcsBZXzJE---XVMF1zsGEHxEaWmu5GgoTjvyEAYPKXzcY4qlM0Gn2k9Plr69aSgzq4qBUW3FdpR9eYy392OhQLPCMM7V-GPg2&t=634245510016420986

--

Does anyone has an idea?

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Hello, do you see this error everytime you add an image? Are you able to reproduce it on the demo pages found here : demo.typps.com/Editor/default.aspx 

Do you see this problem only when using the editor along with the ajaxcontroltoolkit? If so, tell me what other controls you have in the page so that I can reproduce. 

Thanks for reporting,

Alessandro

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:23 AM

On the demo page everything is fine. IE 8 runs perfectly. 

The failure happens everytime i add an image on my site. On my test project i do not use any control of the ajaxcontroltoolkit. I only added the resources.

I made the same Project in .Net 3.5. Added the Typps html editor and the ajaxcontroltoolkit for .Net 3.5 and everything runs.

Is the ajaxcontroltoolkit part of the Typps editor (in which version)?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Charly

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Charly, no, the AJAX Control ToolKit is unrelated to this project. The reason I asked about the AJAX Control ToolKit was to be able to rule out assumptions. So, if I understand you correctly, you have a local test project with the html Editor setup and it works just fine. However when you attempt the same on your live website it is failing. I'll confess that this makes it very hard to track down the problem your facing.

What would be nice is if you could provide me with the url to your live site. You don't have to post the url here in the public discussion. You are welcome to use the contact option available here on codeplex. 

Also include the version number of Typps you are currently using and perhaps a sample of the declarative code. But most likely just watching your live site where this problem manifests is enough for me to figure the cause of failure ( hopefully).

Have a good day,

Alessandro

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Hallo Alessandro,

these problems occur on my intranet-site (on a Win 2008 webserver - IIS 7.0). Unfortunately you can not take a look on the site. The following steps i did on my tests:

1. Created an empty ASP.Net 4.0 Website on the server (ASP.NET v4.0 Classic Pool)

2. Created a pate (default.aspx)

3. Added a AJAX ScriptManager to the page

4. Added the typps editor (version 2.6) to the page (with an EmbeddedImagePicker)

5. Added the following code for the following ImagePicker_BrowseServerRequest (VB.Net):

Protected Sub ImagePicker_BrowseServerRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    PopulateImageGalleryNode_flat(DirectCast(sender, ImagePicker))
  End Sub

Private Sub PopulateImageGalleryNode_flat(ByVal p As ImagePicker)
    Dim imagesDirectoryPath As String
    imagesDirectoryPath = "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\images\intra\"
    Dim di As New DirectoryInfo(imagesDirectoryPath)

If di.Exists Then
      p.ImageGalleryNode.Text = "INTRA"
      Dim files As FileInfo() = di.GetFiles()
      Dim index As Integer = 0
      For Each file As FileInfo In files
        If file.Name.ToLower.Contains("jpeg") Or file.Name.ToLower.Contains("jpg") Or file.Name.ToLower.Contains("png") Or file.Name.ToLower.Contains("gif") Or file.Name.ToLower.Contains("bmp") Then
          Dim pathToImageFile As String = "../images/intra/" + file.Name
          Dim node As New HTreeNode()
          node.Text = file.Name
          node.Value = pathToImageFile
          p.ImageGalleryNode.ChildNodes.Add(node)
        End If
      Next
    End If
  End Sub

6. Edited the web.cofig

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
  Weitere Informationen zur Konfiguration der ASP.NET-Anwendung finden Sie unter
  "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169433".
  -->
<configuration>
	<system.web>
    <httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" />
    <httpHandlers>
      <add verb="*" path="typps.axd" type="Typps.WebResourceHandler"/>
    </httpHandlers>
		<compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
			<assemblies>
				<add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
				<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
      </assemblies>
    </compilation>
	</system.web>

<system.webServer>
    <handlers>
      <add verb="*" path="typps.axd" type="Typps.WebResourceHandler" name="WebResourceHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" />
    </handlers>
  </system.webServer>
</configuration>

=> Compiled the project and everything was fine

7. Added the assemblies of the AJAX Control ToolKit (for .Net 4.0) to the project

=> Compiled the project and i got the failure in IE 8.0

I did the same procedure with .Net 3.5 and everything was ok (with and without the AJAX Control ToolKit)

Best regards

Charly

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2010 at 1:08 AM

thanks, I see some problems I didn't see before in a .NET 4.0 application. I will dig deeper and let you know.

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Charly, I have been able to reproduce the bug and apparently the new ms clientside Ajax library for .net 4.0 breaks a line of code in the editor. When you use the AjaxControlToolkit (for .net 4.0), it forces the script manager to use the latest 4.0 release of ms ajax. I have already fixed the bug, I'll put it up for download either tomorrow or saturday at most. I'll let you know again when the download is up.

Thankyou for reporting this bug.

Have a good day,

Alessandro

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Hello charly, I have put up a new version ( v2.7) that fixes this bug you see. Many thanks for the extensive report. It was all useful.

Have a good weekend,

Alessandro

Nov 13, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Hallo Alessandro,

thanks a lot. I will try it on monday.  I wish you a nice weekend, too.

Bye bye

Charly