Using Stylesheet for the content within the Editor

Aug 8, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I have a need to leverage a stylesheet from an external site for the content that is being edited within the control.  I tried externalstylesheet but that just seems to format the overall page the control is on.

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM
Hello, there are 2 properties relating to stylesheets in the current downloadable version. One is ExternalStyleSheet and this property allows you to reference the css autogenerated by the editor. This css is what controls the presentation of the editor, so the editor toolbars, tabs and the many other things that make up the editor. Then there is ExternalStyeSheets, in plural form. This is an array that allows you to define a list of stylesheets that are referenced in the parent page containing the editor. The reason to provide this property was because iframes do not inherit css from the parent page and have their own document in all effect. so if you referenced a stylesheet in your page eg : <link href="url/to/my/external.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" /> then you'd pass only the name of the stylesheet to this property, in this case "external.css" and the editor will inherit this stylesheet. For what your asking, it seems to me that you want to reference a stylesheet that is not referenced by your page and you want this only referenced by the document in the editor. Unfortunately the current version does not support this scenario. I have added this feature already to the new version and the new version is pretty much complete but I continue to run it in isolation to ensure a stable release. It's only a matter of days, so if you can wait a bit, that would be great. If you are in a hurry, let me know here and I'll post you a little hack you can include in your pages to make this a possibility. Thankyou for reporting and have a good day, Alessandro http://www.typps.com